The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is cataloged as one of the best in the world due to the beauty of its archaeological wealth, flora and fauna that exists throughout the route to Machupicchu.
Among the tropical forests and deserts are the mysterious archaeological sites covered by the jungle. Finally, we will arrive to the lost city of the Incas Machu Picchu, our experienced guides will guide you through the safe areas.
Trip Itinerary of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in 2 days:
Day 1: Cusco, km 104 (Chachabamba), Machupicchu and Aguas calientes:
We will pick you up from your hotel at 5:50 a.m. to take you to the train station, then we will board the train that will take us to the km. 104 (Chachabamba), place where we will begin the walk and visit the archaeological group of the same name. We will ascend the mountain and after approximately three hours we will be arriving at the Wiñayhuayna archaeological group, we will also visit this archaeological complex that was discovered in 1942 by the Peruvian archaeologist Julio C. Tello, this place has a very beautiful Inca construction that is in the Cordillera of Vilcabamba according to the studies made by the archeologists they called it ¨Small Machu Picchu¨ Because of the distribution which is similar to the citadel of Machu Picchu, after 10 minutes approximately we will be arriving at the Wiñayhuayna camping area where we will have a short break to have lunch, after all we will continue with the tour towards the viewpoint of the Intipunku (Sun Gate). In the tour you will see a diversity of flora such as orchids, ferns, mosses, etc.
After an hour we will arrive to the Intipunku (Sun Gate) which is one of the most impressive viewpoints of Machupicchu, located 1 km from the archaeological citadel of Machu Picchu, after a short break and take some pictures we will take the bus from Machu Picchu to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a hotel.
DAY 2: Aguas Calientes and Cusco:
Very early at 5:30 a.m. after having breakfast our guide will pick you up at your hotel to take the bus to the archaeological citadel of Machu Picchu where we will be able to observe the sunrise and then visit the citadel of Machu Picchu with our Professional guide for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, then you will have free time so you can explore the place and take pictures, finally we will be returning by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes to take our train back to the city of Cusco arriving at 9:00 p.m. approximately.
End of service
- Professional guide (English / Spanish).
- Bus trip from Cusco to the Ollantaytambo station.
- Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to km 104. (Start of the trek)
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail to Machupicchu in 2 days.
- Bus tickets: Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes.
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner and 1 Breakfast.
- One night Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- First Aid Kit, Oxygen Tank.
- Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Maximum 15 people per group
- 1 Hotel Night (in double rooms)
We recommend you to bring:
- Small backpack for personal belongings.
- Hiking boots (Never new).
- Jacket or rain poncho.
- Bottle of water (For the first day), hat, sunscreen, sunglasses.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Mosquitos repellent
- Chocolates and candies.
- Camera (optional).
COST OF THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU IN GROUP AND PRIVATE SERVICE
|Cost per person in group service||US $ 450 dollars.|
|Private Service 1 passenger||US $ 690 dollars|
|Private Service 2 passengers||US $ 560 dollars.|
|Private Service 3 passengers||US $ 510 dollars.|
|Private Service 4 passengers||US $ 500 dollars.|
|Private Service 5 passengers||US $ 480 dollars.|
|Private Service 6 passengers||US $ 460 dollars.|
Optional additional services:
- One extra night in Aguas Calientes in a single or double room USD 75 dollars. (If you want a higher category hotel, check with our Travel agency).
- Additional admission ticket to Machu Picchu with Huaynapicchu for an additional day USD 70 Dollars.
- Additional admission tickets to Machu Picchu for the additional day: USD 52 dollars.
- Additional Bus tickets up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machupiccchu and vice versa USD 26 dollars round trip.
Students require an identity card, international ISIC Card valid for the student and must be under 25 years old.
Difficulty Level of the Inca Trail:
The Inca Trail certainly requires a little physical effort. Considered as "moderate" grade, this will depend more than anything on your physical condition. The height and the constant ascents and descents constitute the biggest difficulty in the walk. To reach the first step, the walk ascends from 2000m to 4000m. Followed by a descent of approximately 1500m. After crossing the second step located at 3500m, the degree of difficulty of the walk will be reduced. Age does not play a fundamental role, but its willpower and the desire to live an unforgettable experience.
Physical condition to perform the Inca Trail:
In fact, a good physical condition will help you to enjoy this walk even more. Try to do some physical activity before your trip, if you are not used to doing it regularly. The most important thing is to take a minimum time to acclimatize in Cusco. We recommend that you stay at least two or three days in Cusco before starting the Inca Trail.
- We do not recommend it to people suffering from respiratory or cardiac problems.
- It is mandatory to inform if you suffer from any disease or ailment such as diabetes, asthma, problems or surgeries in the back or legs, noticeable decrease in vision, etc.
- Although the expedition travels with a complete medical kit, we recommend you to bring a personal kit, which has sunscreen, hydration salts, analgesics, anti-inflammatory, anti-diarrheic, sanitary bands, painkillers, sterilized cloths and medicines for personal use.