Enjoy a guided trip by Touristic Bus from Cusco to Puno and visit the Titicaca lake and its Islands. The Titicaca Lake “Stone Puma”: Is the Highest Navigable lake of the world located at 3810 m.a.s.l and the largest lake of South America.
Known as “The Sacred Lake of the Incas “, the Titicaca Lake is a wonderful attraction for nature lovers, to enjoy an unforgettable view of the Cordillera Real of the Andes and the islands in the lake, so one can connect with nature.
This lake offers a varied fauna composed mainly of ducks, fish such as the suche, pejerrey and trout, among others.
Its flora is represented by 12 varieties of aquatic plants highlighting the totora, yana llacho and duckweed. The lake has 36 islands, among the most important are those of Uros, Taquile and Amantani, in Peruvian territory, and the islands of the Sun and the Moon in Bolivian waters. The temperature of its waters fluctuates between 10 ° C to 12 ° C.
Itinerary of the Tour
Day 01: Guided Trip in a touristic bus from Cusco to Puno.
- 6:30 A.M. Transfer from the hotel in Cusco to the Inca Express bus terminal.
- 7:00 AM. at 5:00 PM – Guided trip in a touristic bus from Cusco to Puno - Inka Express.
- 5:00 PM. Transfer from the Inka Express bus terminal to the Hotel in Puno.
- Overnight stay in a Hotel in Puno.
We will pick you up from your hotel at 6:30 am to transfer you to the bus terminal, We will start the guided trip to the city of Puno, (altitude 3818 m.s.n.m). The bus departs at 7:00 a.m.
Our bus is equipped with toilets and is run by three people: a driver, a bilingual guide and an attendant. We will make a small visit to the church of Andahuaylillas, the church that dates from the early seventeenth century. It is known as the Sistine of South America because of the magnificent paintings it has and its altar chiseled in gold. After 218 km, we will arrive to Raqchi, where the Inca temple of Wiracocha is located. The temple is conformed by a main building that was occupied by the Inca and annexed constructions destined to the nobility.
We will continue our way to Sicuani where we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch.
The landscapes change little by little, they become more arid. Then we will arrive at La Raya, the highlight of our route located at 4,335 meters high. Our next destination is Pucará, where we will visit the Lithic Museum. This museum allows to appreciate the evolution of the Andean people from the first men to the Incas. After Pucarà the route will be through high Andean esplanades under an amazing unreal clarity.
The sun's reflections in the lakes and in the rivers are unique in this place. Finally, we will be arriving to the city of Puno, our staff will be waiting for you to transfer you to your Hotel.
Day 2: tour in the Lake Titicaca, Uros islands and Taquile Island
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Tour on Lake Titicaca (from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- Overnight stay in a Hotel in Puno.
We will pick you up at your hotel at 6:30 a.m approx. to go to the port, at 06:50 am we will be leaving from the port of Puno in a touristic boat to the amazing and majestic "Uros Islands", arriving at 07:20 in the morning aprox.
UROS: These islands are artificial floors, made with totora superimposed and skillfully interwoven. During the trip the guide provides extensive information about the Lake Titicaca, the legends of the Uros, their uses, customs and folklore.
TAQUILE: Arriving at Taquile, we will go to the Plaza de Armas (Its main square), then we will have free time to make purchases. The Taquile Island presents fabrics of an impressive quality comparable only to the looms of the Paracas or Egypt culture, declared Cultural Patrimony of Humanity. At 12:40 at noon you will taste an exquisite lunch, departing from the Port of Taquile at 2:30 p.m., arriving at the city of Puno at approximately 5:30 p.m. and then transferring you to your hotel.
Day 03: Transfer from the hotel in Puno to the bus station.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Transfer from the Hotel in Puno to the bus station.
END OF THE SERVICES
|Cost of the Tour with Hotels||DWB(Doble)||TPL(Triple)||SWB (Single)|
|2** Hotels||US$ 225||US$ 218||US$ 313|
|3*** Hotels||US$ 260||US$ 255||US$ 400|
|4**** Hotels||US$ 379||US$ 339||US$ 610|
|5***** Hotels||US$ 703||US$ 582||US$ 1258|
- DWB: Double room or Matrimonial (two people).
- TPL: Triple room (three people).
- SWB: Single room (one person).
The tour includes:
- All transfers to the hotels, bus stations and vice versa.
- Tour on Lake Titicaca, Uros Islands and Taquile Island.
- All transportation for tours.
- Professional bilingual guide in the language you prefer: English or Spanish in all the tourist attractions.
- Entry ticket to the two islands of "Taquile and Uros"
- 1 Travel (Guided trip) by Touristic Bus from Cusco to Puno, Inka Express.
- 1 Buffet lunch during the Cusco - Puno Tour.
- 1 Lunch on the tour to Lake Titicaca.
- 2 Hotel Nights in the city of Puno.
- 2 Buffet breakfast at the Hotels.
- Assistance and daily guidance by our professional staff.