The Titicaca Lake “Stone Puma”: Is the Highest Navigable lake of the world located at 3810 m.a.s.l and the larguest lake of South America.
Known as “The Sacred Lake of the Incas “, the Titicaca Lake is a wonderful attraction for nature lovers, to enjoy an unforgettable view of the Cordillera Real of the Andes and the islands in the lake, so one can connect with nature.
This lake offers a varied fauna composed mainly of ducks, fish such as the suche, pejerrey and trout, among others.
Its flora is represented by 12 varieties of aquatic plants highlighting the totora, yana llacho and duckweed. The lake has 36 islands, among the most important are those of Taquile and Amantani, in Peruvian territory, and the islands of the Sun and the Moon in Bolivian waters. The temperature of its waters fluctuates between 10 ° C to 12 ° C.
1- Tour in the Titicaca Lake: Floating Islands of the Uros and Taquile Island (Full day – regular boat)
The floating Islands of Uros are a group of artificial islands made of totora superimposed in the Titicaca Lake. Its inhabitants are the Uros, an ancestral town that is currently distributed in the Collao and that in Peru, they only inhabit the floating islands located in the bay of Puno.
Taquile is an island located in the heart of Lake Titicaca, between 3810 and 4100 m.a.s.l with an infinity of cultivation terraces, they inhabit around 2500 people grouped into 500 families. They are characterized by their fine craftsmanship; that is why in 2005 UNESCO declared to this Island: "Masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity".
Itinerary of the Tour:
- 6:45am. Transfer from yout hotel in Puno to the Port.
- 7:10am. Start of the tour on our way to the Uros Islands.
- We will visit at least 2 islands.
- 8:40 am. Travel to Taquile Island in 2 hours and 30 minutes
- 11:15 am. We will arrive to Taquile Island, the locals will welcome us, then we will walk for about 35 minutes to arrive to its main square..
- 12:30 am. Free time.
- 1:00 pm. We will have lunch, we will have food prepared with local products, it will be a quinoa soup, Local Trout and muña tea.
- 2:50 pm. Descent to the Port to board the boat in our way to Puno.
- 5:10 pm. Arrival to the Port of Puno, then we will be transferred to our hotel in Puno.
|Tour in the Lake Titicaca: Floating Islans of Uros and Taquile (Regular Boat)|
|Cost of the tour per person||US$: 70 Dollars|
- Transfer Hotel – Port – Hotel
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish)
- Entrance tickets to all attractions to visit.
- Lunch in Taquile.
- All transportation Included.
2- Tour in the Titicaca Lake: Islands of Uros and Taquile, VIP service (Full day, fast Boat)
Fast service A-1, the advantage of this trip is the travel time that is reduced to less than half and therefore the visits are longer, which allows to take less frequented routes and enjoy meetings with local families and Weavers You can see the production of the famous Taquile textiles.
Itinerary of the Tour:
- Starts: 8:00 a.m. and return to Puno: 04:00 pm.
- 7:30 am: Pick up from your hotels in the center of Puno.
- 7:45 am: Departure from the Port of Puno in our way to the floating islands.
- 8:00 am: Arrival to the floating islands of the Uros
- 10:00 am: Arrival at Taquile Island. We will start the walk to the place where we will find the weavers. For an hour and a half we will enjoy the meetings with the families of the inhabitants, the observation of Taquile's textile designs, the interpretation of traditional clothing and the way of life of the people of Taquile. Where you can also see the beautiful landscape of the Lake Titikaka.
- 12:30 pm .: Lunch.
- 13:30 pm .: Return by the stairs to the main pier of Taquile.
- 14:30 pm .: Departure from the main pier of Taquile Island.
- 15:30 pm .: Arrival at the main pier of the City of Puno and we will transfer the passengers back to their hotels.
|Tour in the Lake Titicaca: Floating Islands of Uros and Taquile (Speed boat)|
|Cost of the tour per person||US$: 95 Dollars|
The Tour includes:
- Bilingual guide.
- Tickets to the islands.
- Transportation by the speedboat.
- Lunch in Taquile.
- Wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun
- Sunscreen and sunglasses