Economic Tour to Machu Picchu by Car
- Hotel Pick up: 7:20 am
- Departing: 7:50 a.m. (First day)
- Returning: 09:00 p.m (Second day)
- Duration: 2 days 1 night
- Availability: Every day
Day 1: Cusco, Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes:
We will pick you up between 7:20 and 7:45 a.m, to start the Tour from Cusco at 8:00 am approximately in our way to Machu Picchu by Car, in our way We will go throughout the Sacred Valley of the Incas until we arrive to the Malaga which is the higher place in our route at over 4316 m.a.s.l, where We will have a brief stop to see the scenic beauty of the place.
We will start the descent to the rim of the jungle, going throughout the different altitudinal tiers where you can appreciate the beauty of the landscapes surrounded by snow-capped peaks, rivers and forests until we arrive to Santa Maria where we will take a brief stop to use the restrooms and buy snacks and water/drinks, etc. Then we start our way to Santa Teresa arriving at about 02:00 pm approximately, here we will make one stop for lunch in one of the Restaurants of this zone (note that is a basic lunch since that is the only option on the restaurants in this zone). Finally after lunch we will go to the Hidroelectrica where you can go to the train station to buy your round trip tickets in case you want to take the train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes, the trip from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes is about 50 minutes by Train, In case you want to go walking it will take you about 2 hours and 30 minutes from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes.
The meeting point in Aguas Calientes will be in the main square from 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm where our Professional Guide will call you by your name to go to have diner and take you to your hotel where your Tour Guide will give you all the information for your next day tour to Machu Picchu.
The first evening, if you want in your free time you could visit the Thermal baths of Aguas Calientes from 7:00 p.m. (optional, by your own). You will spend the night in a Basic Hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Guided Tour in Machu Picchu:
This day we will get up very early to have breakfast that will be served from 06:00 a.m. to be ready to go right after to Machu Picchu, by feet (50 minutes) or by bus (25 minutes, additional cost of USD 25 round trip), the meeting point with your Tour Guide will be in the entrance of Machu Picchu at the time mentioned by your guide the night before, You will enter Machu Picchu with your Tour Guide to start the tour. The guided tour will have a duration of about one and a half hour, after that you will have 1 free hour to go around and take pictures by yourselves, the latest you should take the bus or start coming back down to Aguas Calientes will be at 11:20 a.m. so you can have lunch by your own and then take the train to go back to Hidroelectrica (the train leaves from Aguas Calientes at 12:35 p.m.), in case you decide to go walking from Aguas Calientes to Hidroelectrica , you should leave Aguas Calientes at 12:00 p.m. o clock.
In Hidroelectrica we will be waiting for you in the Mini Van at 2:30 p.m., then We will continue our journey to Cusco, arriving about 9:30 p.m. where we will leave you near the Main Square (Plaza de Armas)
- We recommend you to take the pill for the altitude sickness before starting the tour.
- This tour is made in groups of 20 people.
- The round-trip tickets for the train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes are not included in the Rate, it has an additional cost of USD 64 dollars for foreigners and S/ 20 for Peruvians.
- The Round-trip tickets for the Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu are not included, it has an additional cost of USD 25 (round trip) for foreigners and USD 15 for Peruvians.
- You will spend the night in a Basic Hotel in Aguas Calientes, If you want you can request your reservation in a 2,3,or 4 stars Hotel.
- Accommodation will be based on double and multiple rooms.
- Machu Picchu Inca site is different from Machu Picchu Mountain. When most people refer to Machu Picchu, they are referring to the archeological site. Machu Picchu Mountain requires a separate permit to climb. Please notify us if you are interested and we can book this for you. It must be done in advance.
Cost of the Tour per person
USD 135 Dollars (Foreigners)
What is included?
- Hotel Pick up
- Transportation in a Mini Van from Cusco - Hidroelectrica - Cusco.
- 1 Night stay in a basic Hotel (Private Bathroom, hot water 24 hours, luggage storage)
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner (day 1), 1 breakfast (Day 2)
- Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu
- Professional Guide
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, and Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes. (USD 25 dollars up and down Foreigners and USD 15 Peruvians up and down), or if you want you can go walking, it is about 55 minutes.
- The round-trip tickets for the train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes are not included in the Rate, it has an additional cost of USD 64 for foreigners and S/ 20 for Peruvians.
- Transportation to your Hotel in Cusco after your tour.
- Entrance to the thermal baths. (Cost: US $ 4 dollars approximately)
What you should bring:
- Repellent for mosquitoes and sunscreen.
- Hat and long sleeves polos or shirts.
- Swimsuit, shorts, towel, sandals if you want to visit the thermal baths.
- Flashlight if you want to walk up to Machu Picchu, rain poncho
- Personal bottle of water and snacks
- Camera, etc.
Train schedules from Hydroelectrica to Machu Picchu
|Boarding area||Departure time||Destination||Arrival time|
|Hidroeléctrica Station||14:50pm||Aguas Calientes Town||15:47 pm|
|Hidroeléctrica Station||16:40pm||Aguas Calientes Town||17:55 pm|
Train schedules from Machu Picchu to Hidroeléctrica
|Boarding area||Departure Time||Destination||Arrival time|
|Aguas Calientes Station||12:30 pm||Hidroeléctrica Station||13:30pm|
|Aguas Calientes Station||13:15 pm||Hidroeléctrica Station||14:22 pm|