The Titicaca Lake “Stone Puma”: Is the Highest Navigable lake of the world located at 3810 m.a.s.l and the larguest lake of South America.
Known as “The Sacred Lake of the Incas “, the Titicaca Lake is a wonderful attraction for nature lovers, to enjoy an unforgettable view of the Cordillera Real of the Andes and the islands in the lake, so one can connect with nature.
This lake offers a varied fauna composed mainly of ducks, fish such as the suche, pejerrey and trout, among others.
Its flora is represented by 12 varieties of aquatic plants highlighting the totora, yana llacho and duckweed. The lake has 36 islands, among the most important are those of Taquile and Amantani, in Peruvian territory, and the islands of the Sun and the Moon in Bolivian waters. The temperature of its waters fluctuates between 10 ° C to 12 ° C.
Tour itinerary, Lake Titicaca, Uros Island, Taquile and Amantani
Day 01: Tour on Uros Island and Amantani Island.
- 07:45 a.m. Transfer from the hotel in Puno to the port.
- 08:15 a.m. Departure from the Port to the floating islands of the Uros where we will visit 2 islands.
- 09:30 a.m. Our trip continues to the island of Amantaní, this trip lasts approximately 3 hours.
- 12:30 am. Arrival to the island of Amantaní, the locals welcome us and will take us to their houses to get comfortable, have a rest and a family lunch.
- 16:00 pm. Hike to the top of the island to visit the Pachatata and Pachamana temples. (4038 m.a.s.l.)
- 17:50 pm We will return to the family houses and have a family dinner.
- 20:00 pm. The villagers will offer us a show (optional).
Day 02: Tour on Taquile Island and Return to Puno.
- 8:00 am. After breakfast, we will board our boat to go to the Taquile Island. The trip lasts about 1 hour.
- 9:00 am. Arrival to Taquile, we will walk for 30min. The families will welcome us and they will offer us their crafts, they will delight us with their dance and their music.
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch (optional).
- 12:30 am. Walk to the plaza (main square) and free time.
- 1:30 pm. Descent to the port of Taquile to go to Puno. The travel time is 2 hours and 30min.
- 3:20 p.m. Arrival to Puno port and transfer to your hotel.
|2 Days: Tour Lake Titicaca, Uros Island, Taquile and Amantani|
|Cost of the Tour per person||US$: 100 Dollars|
- Transfers hotel in Puno - Port - hotel in Puno or terrestrial terminal.
- Professional Guide. English - Spanish.
- Admission tickets to each of the places visited.
- Lacustrine and terrestrial transport services.
- 1 Breakfast.
- 1 Dinner
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Dinner on the second day.
- Wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Warm jacket in case of cold weather.